Good evening my friends. Today is another day to just mark off the calendar. Nothing much on my end. It’s been pretty mellow but good. I just ticked some things off my to -do list for around the house and my in-laws started to build a “closet” outside to engulf our laundry units. Since it’s Arizona it’s not too uncommon to have the laundry outside or in the garage. Our sits on our covered patio but because of the dust storms it still gets dirty, so they decided it’d be good to protect it.
But I’m sure you guys didn’t come here to hear about the house upgrade. You came for food, fitness, and clean eats. And that’s what I’ll give you.My appetite was still off this morning. I didn’t wake up hungry like I usually do so I just had a coffee, banana, and bagel with cream cheese (low fat, low cal, low everything, and as natural as possible). No lunch but just a light snack of some chips and salsa as well as seaweed chip/snack things. I promise I’ll post a picture of what I’m talking about one day. By 4:00 by appetite was kind of back and I was motivated to try a new recipe … a new recipe I’m going to share!
Today’s dinner and clean eats is Chicken Parmesan! I originally got the recipe from Hungry Girl but tweaked it a bit to work with what I got. I really want to share it because not only did it taste divine but I feel like I haven’t shared a recipe in ages. But anyways here’s the deliciousness you all came for:
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkles of pepper and salt (to taste really)
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- two 5 ounce chicken breasts (which is just really a chicken breast gut in half)
- 1 egg (or just the egg white depending on healthy and how much chicken you want)
- Now mix everything but the chicken and egg together. Mix it real good.
- Scramble up your egg. Whisk baby whisk.
- Dip that chicken in the egg like it’s your job. Shake off excess.
- Roll that sucker around in the crumbs. Roll, pat, dip, twirl. Whatever.
- Then slap that cover coated destiny into a skillet that’s at medium heat and has some nonstick spray going on. Cause you know you want … nay … DESERVE a little crisp.
- After about 4 minutes on each side you will behold what the universe planned for you.
- Even more so if you top it with a little mozzarella (because even though you’re eating good you will not restrict your cheese intake) nook it in the microwave for like 20 seconds if this is the path you continue to follow to melt that goodness.
And boo-yah! You have a little bit of heaven on the plate. Filling. Juicy. Destiny. These are just a few adjectives to describe what you’re going to put in your mouth. I paired mine with some brussels drizzled with balsamic-oil vinaigrette dressing. Also a little mound of brown rice and quinoa because I’ll need that energy for my work out later. I hope you all enjoy.
Now besides the deliciousness of the day, my other steps for a cleaner life is drinking plenty of water (that cucumber water), and getting in exercise. This morning I started yoga at home and this evening I’ll walk my dogs and do day 12 of Work it Out Beginners.
Let me know what you did today to get past the average struggles of today. Whether it’s clean eating, getting your water goal, or building a room around your laundry units!